Hey lovely people, it’s always a pleasure to come your way. As we’re all making an effort to eat right and be cautious about our health, let me share with you what I took for lunch yesterday “Banku Swallows” purposely made with powdered Ataadwe (Tiger nuts).
. Powered Ataadwe(three cups)
. Salt to taste
. Stirring stick
. Nonstick silverpan
1) Pour two cups of clean water in your pan and put on fire to boil.
2) Mix half cup of powdered Ataadwe with a little water and add to the boiling water to make a porridge. Stir and allow to boil for few minutes.
3) Add to porridge a little salt and allow it to cook for few minutes.
4) Now gently pour your powdered Ataadwe and stir in other to avoid lumps till it becomes smooth.
3) It shouldn’t be too hard or soft. If it is hard or dry, you can add a bit of boiled water not cold or you can save some of the porridge and also add it.
4) Leave it on the fire for about 3-5 minutes to cook a bit before you mingle it again.
5) Within Ten to fifteen minutes it should be ready.
6) Mould it into a round shape into your plate.
You can serve with any stew of your choice. Enjoy!
Very healthy with a lot of fiber. Try it, so nice.
Stay blessed, stay healthy.