Guys, welcome to my fan page. I trust you all doing great! I’m back with a new recipe; Ghana, spinach stew. I believe we all know about spinach. Spinach is very healthy and packed with a lot of nutrients. We can use spinach in different forms. For stew, salad and smoothie.
- Red oil.
- A medium size bowl of chopped spinach
- Salted fish (In Ghana we call it koobi)
- Fish (tuna to be precise)
- Melon seeds (agushie)
- Four large tomatoes
- One medium sized onion
- Powdered pepper
- Powdered fish (optional)
- Salt to taste.
- Place your saucepan on fire and pour a sizeable amount of oil into it.
- Add chopped onions
- Soak the salted fish for a while to reduce salt, wash and add.
- Add your sliced tomatoes and a tablespoon of powdered pepper and allow to simmer for two-three minutes.
- Then add blended melon seeds to your sauce. Lower the heat and allow to simmer for few minutes before you stir.
- Add your tuna and two scoops of powdered fish.
- Stir and add your washed and chopped spinach. Taste before you add salt because of the salted fish.
Allow to cook for two to three minutes and our stew is done.
Ready to serve with rice or yam.
It’s my bet, try it. Yummy!